Fix HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline Error
Solution 1-Reset the HP 8740 Printer
- To fix HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline we have to restore a connection to the printer by resetting it.
- Turn on the printer if it is already off and then verify the printer status.
- Your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online if the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue.
- The troubleshooting problem can be stopped.
- Your printer might be in online if it goes to an idle state after its startup routine
- Proceed to the following steps if the computer still shows the printer as offline.
- The power cord from the printer should be disconnected, when the printer is turned on.
- The power cord of the printer should be disconnected from the outlet wall.
- Hold on at least for 60 seconds and then the printer should be restarted while you are waiting.
- Switch power cord should be plugged again into the wall outlet.
- The power cord should be reconnected to the rear of the printer.
- The power button should be pressed to turn on the printer if it is done automatically.
solution 2-Verify the Connection Status of HP 8740 Printer
- Right-click the name of your printer, and then choose Printer Properties.
- The Properties window is opened.
- Press the Ports tab, and then search the name of your printer in the Printers column.
- Ensure that the port name or description includes USB or DOT4 if a USB connection is used by the printer.
- Ensure that the port name or description includes WSD, network, Standard TCP/IP Port, or HP Standard TCP/IP Port if network connection is used by the printer.
- Choose the correct port type if the previously chosen port does not match the current connection used by the printer.
- Proceed to the below steps if the issues still persist.
Solution 3 – Reinstall the HP 8740 Software
- The problems that raised during the original installation might be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the printing software.
- The USB cable should be disconnected.
- Look for the programs and features on the Windows and then press Programs and Features in the available list of results.
- Search your HP printer software in the list and then uninstall it.
- The computer should be restarted and then HP printer software should be installed.
- You can download and install the printer software either from our website or from the installation disc that came with your printer.
- Try to print again to check HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline Error is Solved or not.
Solution 4 – Reinstalling the HP 8740 printer using HP Printer Assistant.
- The printer should be removed and the device should be reinstalled again using HP printing software.
- Right-click any one of the HP printer icons from the Device and Printers window, and then press Remove Device.
- If a second printer icon is displayed, right-click it and then press Remove Device.
- Go to HP Printer Assistant and then look for your printer name on the Windows and then press it in the list of results.
- Follow the instructions to include the second printer.
- Right-click the name of your printer from the Devices and printers window, and then choose Printer Properties.
- The Properties window is prompted.
- Press the Ports tab, and then choose the Standard Port which is created by you earlier.
- You can view the second printer name on the list of devices.
- Try to print, scan and open the HP Printer Software.
- Stop to troubleshoot if your printer can able to print properly and no issues persist.
- Service the Printer if the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline Error Exists.