HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline Support
Follow and try the steps given below to turn on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline printer to online.
Resetting the printer and verifying the connection status
- You can able to restore a connection to the printer by resetting it.
- Turn on the printer if it is already off and then verify the printer status.
- Your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online if the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue.
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting problem can be stopped.
- Your printer might be in online if it goes to an idle state after its startup routine
- Proceed to the following steps if the computer still shows the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline.
- The power cord from the printer should be disconnected, when the printer is turned on.
- The power cord of the printer should be disconnected from the outlet wall.
- Hold on at least for 60 seconds and then the printer should be restarted while you are waiting.
- The power cord should be plugged again into the wall outlet.
- The power cord should be reconnected to the rear of the printer.
- The power button should be pressed to turn on the printer if it is done automatically.
- Now check whether HP Officejet Pro 6978 offline mac and windows happen.
Check Connection in Printer Properties.
- Right-click the name of your printer, and then choose Printer Properties.
- The Properties window is opened.
- Press the Ports tab, and then search the name of your printer in the Printers column.
- Ensure that the port name or description includes USB or DOT4 if a USB connection is used by the printer.
- Ensure that the port name or description includes WSD, network, Standard TCP/IP Port, or HP Standard TCP/IP Port if network connection is used by the printer.
- Choose the correct port type if the previously chosen port does not match the current connection used by the printer.
- Proceed to the below steps if the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline issues still persist.
Reinstalling the printer software
- The HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting problems that raised during the original installation might be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the printing software.
- The USB cable should be disconnected.
- Look for the programs and features on the Windows and then press Programs and Features in the available list of results.
- Search your HP printer software in the list and then uninstall it.
- The computer should be restarted and then HP printer software should be installed.
- You can download and install the printer software either from our website or from the installation disc that came with your printer.
- Try to print again whether HP Officejet Pro 6978 offline is still happening or not..
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline to reinstalling the printer
- The printer should be removed and the device should be reinstalled again using HP printing software.
- Right-click any one of the HP printer icons from the Device and Printers window, and then press Remove Device.
- If a second printer icon is displayed, right-click it and then press Remove Device.
- Go to HP Printer Assistant and then look for your printer name on the Windows and then press it in the list of results.
- Follow the instructions to include the second printer.
- Right-click the name of your printer from the Devices and printers window, and then choose Printer Properties.
- The Properties window is prompted.
- Press the Ports tab, and then choose the Standard Port which is created by you earlier.
- You can view the second printer name on the list of devices.
- Try to print, scan and open the HP Printer Software.
- Stop to troubleshoot if your printer can able to print properly and no issues persist.
- Proceed to the next step if the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline problems persist.