HP Officejet Pro 6978 Paper Jam
The First step to fix HP Officejet Pro 6978 Paper Jam error is printing a self test report
- Load a set of plain white papers into the printer’s input tray.
- Press the Setup key from the printer’s control panel.
- Press the number 2 to select the Print Report menu.
- Choose 6, and then press OK to run and print a self-test report.
Note:It is recommended to print a self-test report at the end of every solution, though the problem is resolved.
Remove Paper Jam in HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Remove the loose papers from the input and output tray if any.
- It is always advisable to remove the jammed paper from the rear of the printer. Trying to remove the paper from the front end may cause physical damage to the printer.
- To turn off the printer, press the Power button.
- From the rear of the printer, disconnect the USB cable and the power cord.
- To release the access door of the rear side, press the tab which is on the left side of the rear door. To remove it, pull the door away from your printer.
- Inside the printer’s roller if you find any bits and pieces of paper, remove it slowly by using both hands. Remove the HP Officejet Pro 6978 jammed paper completely.
Note: Check with a flashlight, if any torn bits of paper are left inside the roller of the printer, to avoid more jams.
- Attach the rear access door back to its place and move forward till it fits into its place.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
If you face difficulty in clearing the paper jam from the rear of the printer, follow the below steps to remove it from the front side.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Reset
- Press or touch the Power button and turn on your printer.
- Remove the power cord from the rear of the printer, when the printer is turned on.
- Make sure that the power cord is unplugged from the wall outlet.
- Check if you have disconnected the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
- Wait for some time and re-plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Reattach the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.
Print a self-test report with the steps provided above without fail.
If the above steps do not work, call our customer support team on our toll-free number 1-844-968-2988 or refer our website for more solutions to fix HP Officejet Pro 6978 Paper Jam Issue.
Feel free to contact our HP Technical support Team Call Us Toll-Free number 1-844-968-2988, if the issue persists still, or refer our website for step by step manual, for more troubleshooting options.