HP Officejet Pro 6978 Auto Wireless Connect in Easy Steps
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Auto Wireless Connect is a feature that enables your printer to connect to your wireless network automatically without having to use USB cables or entering your wireless network username and password. The new HP printer series have this feature in the standard installation itself. After installing the software on your printer, follow the instructions displayed on screen and click on Network (Ethernet/ Wireless). Select the Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer tab.
Requirements for compatibility with HP auto wireless connect
- All versions of Windows starting from Windows Vista to Windows 10 are accepted.
- All versions of Mac OS X from v 10.5 and above are accepted.
- Ensure that your computer enables a wireless connection to your network and your computer’s operating system is compatible with the wireless adapter. This is to enable the HP software trace the computer’s network settings.
- The network used must be over 2.4 GHz. HP printers do not enable 5.0 GHz. However if your router supports 2.4 GHz your network can still be enabled.
- Please ensure that your computer does not employ a static IP address.
- Once the HP auto wireless connect mode has been enabled on your printer, it will remain enabled for two hours.
- If HP auto wireless connect has not been enabled even after two hours, click on Restore Network Settings to restore default options on your printer.
- Please note that if the HP auto wireless connect was suggested to you during the installation process then it is the preferred setup for your printer.
- The setup sometimes requires you to disconnect from your network temporarily.
- All downloads and online work need to be saved before doing this to ensure no loss of data.
- If the setup is not supported by your printer, our customer support team can offer you other recommended setups.
HP OjPro6978 Auto Wireless Connect in Simple Steps
- Install the software for your HP printer and follow the instructions.
- Choose the network connection type and then select yes to send the wireless setting to the printer.
- Not all computers and network configurations are compatible with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- An alternative wireless setup method will be offered that is compatible with HP Auto Wireless Connect. The following conditions must be met,
- Ensure your computer uses Windows Vista (and newer) and Mac OSX 10.5 (and newer).
- The computer uses a wireless network connection to your network and the operating system is in control of the wireless adapter so that the HP software can retrieve the computer current network settings.
- Your computer is connected to your wireless network over 2.4 GHZ for HP Officejet Pro 6978 Auto Wireless Connect .
Our HP Technical Support Team is available to answer all your printer setup & installation related queries. Call Us on our toll-free number 1-844-968-2988.