HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup Requirements
- An Apple device with v4.2 or other further versions.
- A wireless HP printer that supports AirPrint.
- A secured Wireless network and applications that enable AirPrint.
How to print using AirPrint
- Open the application containing the document to be printed.
- Click on the Action tab to open the Action menu.
- Click on Print and in the Printer Options menu displayed select HP officejet pro 6978 Airprint Setup.
- If modifications are required on your print, change accordingly on the options displayed.
- After all the required changes have been made, proceed to Print.
- Go through these instructions to locate and choose one’s own printer.
- In the app that you need to print from, touch the Action icon in order to display the menu options.
- NOTE : Some apps may not have an Action icon. In case if the icon does not get displayed, one cannot print from that specific app with AirPrint.
- Touch Print. The Printer Options menu gets displayed.
- In the Printer Options menu, touch Select Printer. Available printers list gets displayed in HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup.
- Touch the HP AirPrint printer in the drop-down menu. Again the Printer Options menu gets displayed and shows the selected printer.
- In the Printer Options menu, touch Paper to alter the size of the paper.
- In the Printer Options menu, near Double-sided,touch On to permit two-sided printing, or touch Off to inactivate two-sided printing.
- Note : Incase if the HP printer does not support two-sided printing, the Double-sided choice will not be displayed.
- Incase if you print with a file type, like a PDF, which has multiple pages, touch Range in the Printer Options menu, and next touch All Pages or choose the page range that you need to print.
- Note : Range can be used only for some specific applications and file types, like PDF files.
- Selecting the Page Range that you need to print example:
- Bring the router close to the printer and ensure that the printer gets continuous signal.
- Restart the printer and the router after making sure that both your devices are connected to the same Wireless Network.
- Print the Network Configuration page and check if the connection type in the report says Wireless.
- Check if Wi-Fi is turned on in your Apple device.
- Ensure that the firmware of your printer is updated to the latest version. If not log in to our customer support webpage and download the update.
- Confirm that AirPrint is enabled on your printer. If not obtained, obtain the IP address of the printer and open your browser.
- After copying the IP address on the tool bar, navigate to Network Settings, enable AirPrint and select Apply.
- Try printing from another device or computer.
- Reset the printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer when the printer is turned on and then plug it back into power after a few seconds in HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup.
By using an Apple AirPrint how do one can send a print job?
To print from one’s Apple mobile device to their local HP printer with AirPrint go through these steps.
Selecting the printer
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Troubleshooting
If the print job fails, try the following pointers to resolve the issue.
Our HP Technical Support Team is available to answer all your printer setup & installation related queries. Call Us on our toll-free number 1-844-968-2988.