Laserjet Pro M402n Wireless Setup for Windows
Configure your Wireless capable printer on a local wireless network with a Windows computer. Print your document or photo from any place at any time. Make use of the tips which are given below to setup your printer on a HP Laserjet Pro M402n Wireless Setup network using the Windows computer.
Step 1 : Prep for the installation process
- Prior to setting up the printer on your wireless network, obtain your wireless network name and password
- Ensure that the printer, computer, and wireless router are powered on.
- The network name is the Service Set Identifier and your password might also known as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Power up the printer and locate it close to the system and within range of the router during the setup process.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cables from your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer.
Step 2 : Link the printer to the Wireless network
- Make use of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option to configure the printer on your local wireless network.
- Tap on the WPS button on your HP Laserjet Pro M402n Wireless Setup router which you are going to use for the network connection.
- On the control panel of your printer, tap the Wireless button, choose the Wireless Radio menu and then verify that the feature is powered on.
- Choose WPS Setup from the main Wireless menu and then use the on-screen guides to complete the connection.
- Ensure that you do not place any objects in between the Wireless connected devices.
- It is advisable to maintain good wireless signal strength for all the devices.
Step 3 : Printer driver and software installation.
- Download and install the full feature printer software from our website.
- During the guided installation process, choose Wireless as the connection type.
- Switch on your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer. In case your printer is connected to the system via a USB cable, unplug the cable from the printer.
- Get directed to our website, click on the Driver download button and get full feature driver and software.
- If urged, choose a method to find your printer model and then use the on-screen guides to go to the download page.
- Select the Download option next to the full feature driver or select Basic Drivers for other driver options.
123 HP Laserjet Pro M402n Wireless Setup for Mac
You can easily setup your printer to a Wireless network connection by following the guides which are displayed below. Use the Wireless network connection and print your document quickly and easily using your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer.
Step 1 : Make ready for installation
- Before configuring the printer on your Wireless network, obtain the network name and password.
- Ensure that the router, printer and the HP Laserjet Pro M402n Wireless Setup router are powered on.
- Service Set Identifier is the Wireless network name. Your password might also be known as the WEP key or WPA passphrase.
- Connect your printer and the computer to the same Wireless network connection.
- Turn on your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer and place it close to the PC and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cable from your HP Laserjet Pro M402N Printer.
Step 2 : Associate the printer to the network
- Make use of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option to configure the printer on your local Wireless network.
- Tap on the WPS button on your Wireless router to initiate the Wireless connection.
- On your printer’s control panel, tap the wireless button, click the Wireless Radio menu and then verify that the feature is powered on.
- On the main Wireless menu, click WPS Setup, and then use the on-screen tips to finish the connection.
- Key in your network name and password correctly to connect the printer and computer.
- Make certain that you place all your devices within the network coverage area.
Step 3 : Configure the driver and add the printer to the Mac
- To configure the driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac device.
- Select the Apple menu and then click on the System Preferences option.
- Verify if your printer name displays in the Printers list. If you find your printer in the list, delete and re-add the printer to check communication.
- Tap on the plus sign to add your printer and click on the minus sign to remove the printer.
- Select the Use or Print Using option, and then select your printer name.
- Select Add to add your 123.hp.com/ljprom402n printer to the list. Try to print a document.