HP Envy 4520 scan to computer
- Select the file type you want to save, and then scan the item.
- From the control panel of your HP Printer, touch 123 HP Envy 4520 Scan.
- Then from your HP Printer, you will have to touch Computer to HP Envy 4520 scan to computer
- Touch the name of your PC that you want to save the scanned document to.
- Touch the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning with HP Envy 4520 scan software.
- Touch Start Scan to scan the document or photo.
Scan to a memory device
- Select the memory device, and then scan directly from the control panel of your HP Printer.
- On the control panel of your HP Envy 4520 Printer, touch Scan.
- Then touch Memory device in order to scan to the memory card with HP Envy 4520 scan software.
Insert the memory device into your HP printer when prompted.
- Touch the Settings icon to change or adjust any settings if necessary, and then touch Done.
- Touch Start 123 HP Envy 4520 Scan to scan the document or photo.
HP Envy 4520 scan to email directly
- To use the Scan to Email feature, you have to set up an email profile using the software installed on the computer or using the Embedded Web Server on the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer.
- You can use the Scan to Email Wizard in the HP software to activate the Scan to Email feature.
- Search Windows for your HP printer name, and click the printer name in the list of displayed results.
- HP Printer Assistant will be opened.
- Double-click on the 123 HP Envy 4520 Scanner Actions option or double-click the Scan to Email Wizard option.
- Click new, when the outgoing email profile window displays and then enter the email address that you want to use with your profile.
- Next, you will have to enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the HP printer control panel screen for the email profile.
- If prompted, you can enter a security pin to this email profile directly from the HP printer control panel.
- You need to enter a user name and password to sign into your email account.
- Click Next, then click Save and Test or Save, once you are done with the email profile configuration.
- On the HP printer control panel, touch Scan.
- Touch the Down Arrow, and select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG, depending on the scan job type.
- Touch the name of the email profile that you have created recently, enter the password if prompted, and then scan the item. The emails will now automatically open on the computer attached to the scanned item.