The features provided below are common for the HP Envy range of printers like, Envy 7640, 7644, 7645…
Your HP printer can be setup over the HP Envy Wireless Setup by connecting it to your W-Fi and downloading and installing the required software. The connection type should be filled in as Wireless when prompted.
- Prepare your 123.hp.com/env printer for the installation after confirming the Network name or your SSID, your network password and that your computer is connected to your network.
- Ensure that both your computer and printer are turned on and that they are both connected to the same HP Envy Wireless Setup network.
- Navigate to Wireless settings on your printer using the control panel and select your network from the drop down menu of networks displayed.
- If your network name is not available select Enter New Network Name and add your network manually.
- If required enter the WPA or WPA2 key if required and click on OK.
- Log into our customer service website to download the latest software for your printer.
- To start the download type in your printer mode number and select Begin.
- After clicking on Download select Save/ Open/ Run depending on your computer.
- Open the Downloads folder on your computer to start installing your software.
- Install the driver and setup your connection using the instructions provided on screen.
- Register your printer to activate it after the installation.
- If a software already exists on your printer for a USB or Ethernet connection you can change it to Wireless connection.
- From the list of installed software on your computer, locate and open HP.
- Open your printer’s software by clicking on your printer’s name.
- Click on Utilities and then proceed to Printer Setup and Software.
- To setup your printer on your HP Envy Wireless Setup network, click on Connect a New Printer and use the instructions provided on screen.
If you cannot find the name of your printer during the installation, try the troubleshooting options mentioned below to resolve your issue.
- A restart on your computer and printer can clear multiple errors.
- Check if the network used by the printer is the same as the one used by your computer.
- Use your printer’s control panel to navigate to the Wireless Settings Menu and follow the instructions displayed on screen to connect your HP Envy printer to the network.
- Reduce the distance between the router and the printer ensuring that it is not less than 6 ft.
- Restart your router and check the band setting on your router. HP printers support only 2.4 GHz band.
- Check if your firewall software is preventing access to your computer. Configure the software or allow the firewall messages that display during the installation to let your printer access your computer.
- Ensure that there or no obstructions to the HP Envy Wireless Setup signal transmitted. Move all physical obstacles and objects that emit radio or wireless signals like a microwave so that your printer gets an uninterrupted signal.
- Check the IP address on your 123.hp.com/env printer and type in the valid IP address on your printer’s front panel menu.