Few examples of ink cartridge issues found after installation are Cartridge problem, Ink cartridge failure, Incompatible Ink Cartridges, or Cartridge Missing or Damaged. These errors are displayed on the control panel of your printer as an icon.
Before you proceed with the troubleshooting, ensure that your HP Officejet Pro 6230 Ink Cartridge is compatible with your printer. To check the ink cartridge compatibility or to purchase the replacement cartridges, go to HP SureSupply and follow the below instructions.
Step 1 : Navigate to HP SureSupply on your printer.
Step 2 : Make sure you have selected the correct country/region at the bottom of the page.
Step 3 : To confirm the cartridge compatibility with your printer, or to order new cartridges, follow the instructions provided on the screen.
Proceed with the solution if the cartridges are compatible with your printer.If not compatible, follow the steps to replace the ink cartridges.
Remove and re-fix the ink cartridges
- Turn on your printer if it is not powered on before, by pressing the Power button.
- The carriage moves to the center of the printer when you open the access door of the cartridge. Ensure that your printer remains idle and silent before you proceed to the next step.
Note: Do not touch the ink nozzles (copper-colored contacts), as it may result in ink failure, clogs, and poor electrical connections.
- If you see any unclear nozzles covered with a protective tape, remove it. Do not remove the copper electrical strip.
- Reinsert the cartridges into its slot by holding its sides with the nozzles towards the printer. Ensure the cartridge is inserted into its respective slot.
- Push the cartridge to the far end of its slot, so that it snaps into its place.
- Repeat the above step, if you have more than one cartridges on your printer.
- Close the access door of the cartriage.
Stop the troubleshooting if the issue is resolved.Continue with the next step, if the issue persists.
Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts
Before you perform this step, make sure that the cartridges are not away from the printer for more than 30 minutes. This may damage the ink and lead to HP Officejet Pro 6230 Ink Cartridge failure.
Hence it is recommended to clean only one cartridge at a time.
- Keep the below materials ready to clean the ink cartridge.
- Lint-free cloth, or any soft material that will not leave fibers from the cloth, dry foam rubber swabs.
Purified, Distilled, filtered or bottled water.
NOTE:Do not use tap water as it may contain contaminants or salt settling under the water, which may cause damage to the cartridges.
- Press the Power button on your printer and turn it on.
- Open the access door of the cartridge, so that it moves to the center of the printer. Before you proceed with the next step, wait till the printer becomes idle and silent.
- Remove the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Hold the cartridge from the top and press it down to release it. Then pull the cartridge slowly to remove it.
- Always hold the cartridges by its sides, when you clean it.Check if any ink has been spilled over the nozzles.
- Clean the contacts with a dry swab or any lint-free cloth until no rubbish remains on the cartridge.
- Dip a foam-rubber swab or the lint-cloth into distilled water, and ensure that it does not contain any excess water.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts, and allow the cartridge to dry around 10 minutes.
- Clean the electrical contacts inside the printer using a lightly moistened cotton cloth. Remove the excess water from the swab.
- Wipe the contacts in the carriage.Dry the cleaned area using a dry cloth or leave it idle for 10 minutes.
- Wait for the printer to turn on automatically, if not turn it on by using the Power button.
Ink nozzles (do not touch)and Copper-colored contacts (to be cleaned)
Feel free to contact our HP Technical Support Team Call Us Toll-Free number 1-844-968-2988, if the issue persists still, or refer our website for step by step manual, for more troubleshooting options.