Are you looking for the HP Laserjet Pro M452dn troubleshooting steps for your HP printer? We have listed few common printer issues below and the step by step procedure to fix them instantly.
HP Laserjet Pro M452dn – Paper Jam
- There may be paper jams in different locations of the HP Laserjet Pro M452dn printer. If you view any jammed sheet, remove it by pulling it straight out.
- But if you are unable to see the jammed sheet in tray 1, open the print cartridge door and then remove the print cartridge.
- Make sure that you reinstall the print cartridge and then close the print cartridge door.
- To Clear a jam in Tray 2, remove the tray from the printer and take out the jammed sheet by pulling it straight out.
- Now, reinstall the tray and then you need to press the OK button to continue printing.
- To clear a jam in the optional Tray 3, remove the tray from the printer and then remove the jammed sheet by pulling it straight out.
- Now, reinstall the tray and then you can press the OK button to continue printing.
- To clear jams from the output bin, hold the paper and then carefully pull it out from the printer.
- To clear a jam in the duplexer area, open the rear door, then remove any jammed sheets and then close the rear door.
- To clear a jam in the fuser area, open the rear door and then discard any jammed sheets. Now, close the rear door.
Does not print
- The first step is to ascertain that the 123.hp.com/ljprom452dn printer is on and that the control panel indicates it is ready.
- Make sure that the cables are properly connected. If the printer is connected to a network, check the light next to the network connection on the printer.
- If the light is green then it indicates that the network is active. Ensure that you use a network cable and not a phone cord to connect to the network.
- Also, make sure the network router, hub, or switch is turned on and that it is working correctly.
- Install the HP software from the CD that had been shipped with the printer. Do not use generic printer drivers as it may cause delays clearing jobs.
- From the list of printers on your PC, you need to right-click the name of your printer, then tap Properties and then open the Ports tab.
- If you are using a network cable to connect to the network, ensure that the printer name on the Ports tab and the configuration page are similar.
- If you are using a USB cable and are connecting to a wireless network, ascertain that the box is checked next to Virtual printer port for USB.
- Now, try to temporarily disable the firewall to check if it is the source of the problem.
- If your PC or the printer is connected to a wireless network, low signal quality or interference may delay print jobs. Reduce the interference.
- Perform a power reset and then check if the connections are proper. If the printer remains offline and cannot print, proceed to the next step.
- For wireless connections, ensure that the Wi-Fi on the laptop/tablet is turned on and ensure that you are connected to the correct wireless network (SSID).
- Now, you can print a configuration page or network summary and make sure that the printer has a valid IP address.
- If an IP address is not assigned or if it is 156.254.xxx.xxx or 169.xxx.xxx and indicates auto-IP, it indicates that the network is not configured properly.
- Now, check the Use printer offline setting. Select Devices and Printers, then right-click the printer and then tap See what’s printing.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi settings were not recently changed. Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows PC.
- Now, change the default print driver to the originally installed driver to continue printing.
- Ensure that the selected Port(s) and Description matches the connection type being used with the printer.
- Now, reset the driver configuration in Windows. Ensure that the IP address matches the printer IP address.
- Delete and reinstall the driver/software. If the issue persists, try connecting the printer to another computer.
- Verify the condition of the paper and then reload it. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- In order to prevent paper feed HP Laserjet Pro M452dn troubleshooting issues, clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped).
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and then open the access door to gain access to the pick rollers.
- Note that based on your printer model, it may be the rear access door or duplexer.
- If the printer does not have a rear access door or duplexer, then you can remove the main paper tray to access the pick rollers from the front.
- Search for the large rubber pick rollers. Moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water and press the cloth against the rollers.
- Now, apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup. If your HP printer has a duplexer, clean the rollers on the duplexer as well.
- Shut the access door, then replace the paper tray and then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Try to print again. If the HP Laserjet Pro M452dn troubleshooting issue does not resolve, you can try resetting your printer.
- If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, it is advisable to service the printer.
Load Paper Error Message
- Perform a power reset and then try printing the original document again. If the original document does not print, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that you use only good quality paper, then remove the stack of paper from the tray and then check for obstructions inside it.
- Use a flashlight to view the mechanism inside the tray. This ensures that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers.
- Now, examine the condition of the paper and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled or bent paper.
- Ensure that all the paper in the stack is of the same size and type. Do not load mixed types of paper in the tray.
- Reinsert the paper and then print a configuration report. If the configuration report does not print, you can proceed to the next step.
- Note that the printer may not pick up paper if the paper size and type in the paper input tray do not match the settings in the printer driver.
- This feature of the printer prevents wasting ink and paper if the paper is not as what you expected.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to customize the printer driver settings.
- Try to print again. You need not service the printer if the document prints on plain white paper.