All users who use the printer, have come across the HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting printer issues. You need not worry about the printer issue. Use the steps which are given below to rectify the issue as soon as possible. Make your printer ready to print your document and photo.
Double sided printing
Make use of this procedure for printers that have an automatic duplexer installed. In case the printer does not have an automatic duplexer installed, or to print on paper types that the duplexer is not compatible, print on both sides manually.
- Open the document that you want to print, select File and then tap Print.
- Choose your printer name. If a Printing shortcuts option is available, choose the Print on Both Sides option.
- Find the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing option, then choose the binding or page flip option.
- Select Ok, then tap Print. Remove the pages from the output tray, then align it.
- Position the printed first side pages into the main input tray. Select the Continue option.
- The other side of the pages gets printed. For more help, contact us.
Load paper error
You can easily rectify the paper error by yourself. Use only the papers which are compatible for the printer for printing. After placing the papers inside the tray, ensure that all the papers are aligned well. Use the tips which are given below to resolve.
- Your paper type and condition can affect the way your HP Laserjet Pro M402n printer picks paper.
- Take off the stack of paper from the paper tray. Use 25 sheets of paper to form a stack of paper.
- Slide in the paper width guides to the edge of the paper stack.
- Ascertain that the guide rests gently against the paper stack and does not bind it.
- Paper fiber, dust, and other debris might accumulate on the pick rollers and cause paper feed problems.
- Do not use curled, wrinkled, stapled papers for printing Use only a plain white paper.
- To avoid paper feed issue, clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer.
- If the printer has a duplexer. Clean the rollers on the duplexer.
- If you still find an HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting issue, you can reboot the printer to resolve it.
- Without turning off the printer, unplug the power cord from the posterior side of the printer.
- Pause for at least 30 seconds, and then relink the power cord to the rear of your printer.
- Tap on the power button to switch on your printer, if it did not turn on automatically.
Paper jams can occur in different areas of the printer. In case you cannot detect the paper jam in one area, continue to the guides which are given below to find the paper jam in the next area until it is identified. Use an appropriate paper for printing.
- Take off any jammed paper that is accessible from the input tray.
- Place plain paper in the input tray and then attempt to print a document.
- Check whether you have any loose paper in the output bin.
- If required, raise the scanner assembly and then remove any jammed paper.
- If you still find an issue, you can move to the next step to resolve it.
- Verify that you have any jammed paper inside the automatic document feeder.
- Lift the ADF cover. Open the jam access cover. Remove any jammed paper inside the ADF.
- Lock the jam access cover. Close the ADF cover. Power up your printer.
- Try to print. If the issue persists, check for jammed paper in the next area of your printer.
- Take off any jammed paper from the paper path and toner cartridge access area from the printer.
- In some cases, paper jam exists even though there is no jammed paper. Reboot the printer, which might resolve the HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting issue.
- Attempt to print again to ensure that the hardware functions properly.
Printer Offline status shows that the computer cannot communicate with the printer because it is either switched off, the network might be disconnected or the printer is set to Use printer offline. Use the tips which are given below to resolve the printer offline issue.
- Rebooting the power to the printer is an easy way to reset the printing system.
- Ensure that your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer is linked to the network properly.
- Make certain that the printer’s queue is not set to the print offline state.
- In case you need to change any Wi-Fi settings, you need to reconfigure all the devices which are linked to the network.
- A free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix and resolve printing HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting issues quickly.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor to easily and automatically perform different HP Laserjet Pro M402n Troubleshooting tasks.
- The default printer driver might have modified. Alter the default printer driver to the originally installed driver.
- Once installing the driver successfully, you can start to print a document.
- In case the driver is using the wrong communication port, then the connection cannot be initiated.
- Delete and reinstall the updated printer driver and software on your computer.
- Attempt connecting your HP Laserjet Pro M402N printer to another computer.
- Try to print a document using your printer to check its performance.