HP Laserjet Pro M402dn – Wired network configuration
This printer doesn’t support wireless printing. We have shared with you the information on how to configure the HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Printer Setup as per its available technology of USB connection. Wired network connection the basic form of the printer to computer configuration. It has been the age-old connection method and required a USB to be plugged into the printer and connected to the computer. Unbox your printer and set it up by connecting the power cords. Identify the USB cable that came with the packed box. Connect one end of it to the computer and the other to the printer.
Turn on your 123.hp.com/ljprom402dn printer and shortly after that your computer will recognize your printer. Proceed with the installation of the driver software. Note that this step is different for the two different operating systems out there and must always be installed with the one that is compatible with your computer’s operating system.
- The process begins with you downloading the driver from the link provided. Note that downloading this driver is free of cost and can be done multiple times.
- On the download page, choose your HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Printer model from a list of available ones and specify the operating system that the software has to be downloaded to.
- The download will commence shortly, when completed, double-click on the installer icon and start installing this software. There is the manual way of doing this and by using assist tools to install the driver.
- To install with the basic default settings, click on the recommend settings button, Choose manual if you want to customize where the installed file has to be located.
- Tools like HP install wizard can be utilized to assist with the install. Select I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements to proceed with the installation.
- Connect the printer and computer with USB cable. Before clicking Next on the software install, ensure that the HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Printer Setup is turned on. The software will proceed to install on your computer. This will take a while.
- Post installation, proceed to configure the printer. Open the HP web services screen and enable it. Read the information provided about HP ePrint and HP applications before pressing Next button.
- Note that the same process can also be performed with the CD provided with the box package. Insert the CD and wait for the auto-play to pop up. Click on next and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- There is an additional option of getting to share the printer with other users. Go to Devices and Printers, click on the sharing tab, and then Share this printer. This printer will not be shared among the specified users.
- To begin preparation for the driver install, first and foremost thing we require is an A-to-B USB cable that is used to connect the printer and the computer. This cable should be no greater than 2meters in length.
- Connect one end of the cable to the printer and the other end to the computer. Turn on your printer and keep it turned on during the entire process of installation.
- Go to the link provided on the website. There you will find the option of driver download. Click on it and it will take you a window where you will be asked for your 123.hp.com/ljprom402dn printer information.
- Here, enter your printer category as Laserjet and input your printer model. The same can also be chosen from a drop-down list. Take care to specify the exact printer name as your printer won’t work with a different driver.
- In addition to mentioning your printer model, choose the operating system that your computer is operating in as there are specific drivers developed for specific operating systems.
- Note that this download is free of cost and can be repeated multiple times. For when you are away from the internet connection and are unable to download the software, there is also a copy of the software on a CD.
- This CD comes shipped with the box. Open the downloaded file and select HP Easy Start. This is an automated software that will guide you through the process of installation of the driver software.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the software. Post installation, it is recommended to restart your computer. HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Printer Setup and settings will hold the option to manipulate your print preferences. Start printing!