You can connect your printer to your HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw Wireless Setup network automatically, using HP Auto Wireless Connect technology. The connection does not require any external cables or wireless network settings such as your network name or password.
HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw – Windows
- A network password is required to connect a computer, phone or wireless printer to your wireless network.
- If you are unable to find the password from your router, you can obtain it from the computer that is already connected to your network.
- Search Windows for Network Connections and select your network’s name. Choose the option Status and then click Wireless Properties.
- Select the Security tab, and then choose Show characters to see the wireless network password.
- Search Windows for the printer software and select your printer’s name in the list of results.
- Select the option Tools in the top menu bar, choose Device Setup & Software and then click Convert a USB connected printer to HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw Wireless Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. Press the HP ePrint icon on your printer’s control panel.
- If there is a prompt to turn on Web Services, then press Setup and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the next step.
- If there is a Web Services Summary screen that displays Web Services is already on, then click Print Info to obtain an information sheet.
- The information page will contain information about the Web Service and your printer’s email address.
- If there is a delay in obtaining the information page, then turn off and turn on the Web Services.
- Email the document that should be printed, to your printer. Your printer’s email address should be typed in the To field.
- Type a subject in the subject line as a blank email subject line might lead to canceling of the print job by the HP ePrint server.
- Attach the document to the email and send the email. The printer will automatically start printing the document.
- If the printer is not printing, then resend the email or manually try to print the document. If you are still unable to print, then check the connectivity.
Press OK, if you are prompted to update the firmware.
HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw – Mac
- Open the Applications window and select the HP folder. Select HP Utility and in the settings window,
- click HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw Wireless Setup tab to launch the utility.
- Double-click your network name to add it to the Current Network Name field and then enter the network password, then click Apply.
- Make sure that your Printer is connected to the Mac or to the same network that the Mac is connected to.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cable from the Printer. Open the Setup option on your printer’s control panel.
- Choose HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
- Open the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and then choose Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners, based on your operating system.
- If your printer’s name is listed, then remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint.
- If your printer’s name is not listed, then click the plus sign and select the option Add Printer or Scanner and add your printer’s name.
- Once your printer is added to the list, it will show up in the list of connected devices and can be opted while printing.
- Open the folder that contains the document that you want to print. Select Printers and you will find the list of printers connected to your Mac.
- Choose the printer you would like to print from and click Settings. Modify the page settings in the Settings window.
- Preview the document before printing. Choose the number of copies to be printed.
- If you want to print on both sides, then select the duplex option. Print the document and check if there is any connection issue.
- Print a HP Laserjet Pro M281fdw Wireless Setup Network Test report from your printer’s control panel to check if your printer is connected to your network.
- Check if you have updated or installed any new security software on your system, as this may block communication.
- If you have installed a new router then reconfigure your printer to work with the new router settings.