Fixing poor print quality
HP Printer Ink Cartridges Troubleshooting if the printed output has streaked or faded printouts or you have a problem with the color or black ink not printing or the documents appear with blurred or fuzzy text, the below instructions will help you resolve the print quality problems and enhance the print quality of an HP Printer.
Step 1 :
- You will have to use reliable HP ink cartridges
- To order for new cartridges or to check cartridge compatibility, you can go to HP Sure Supply.
- Make sure the country/region location is correct.
Step 2 :
- Allow the HP printer to rest for a while or for about 30 minutes.
- Check if your paper is wrinkled or curled or try using a different paper to determine if the problem is related to paper.
- Verify and adjust the print settings by clicking on properties option to improve the print quality.
- To determine the ink levels in the cartridges, check estimated ink levels which are displayed on the home screen of your HP Printer.
Step 3 : To check estimated ink levels, you will have to follow the guidelines below
- On the home screen control panel of your HP Printer, press the down arrow
- Select ink levels from the drop down list and press ok
- The estimated ink levels will be displayed on the control panel of your HP Printer.
- See if the cartridges are low on ink, if not, you need not replace the cartridges.
- If you notice any of the cartridges are low on ink, you can try the next step to replace the cartridges.
- Resolve ink cartridge problems by replacing the new ink cartridges into the cartridge slot respectively.
Step 4 : If the above technique fails to resolve the issue, print a print quality diagnostic report.
If the above step fails to solve the issue, print a quality report.
Examine the print quality diagnostic reports and check for any defects. It will help you identify the print quality issues and then resolve the issues.
Step 5 : If you don’t find it clear still, then you can choose an alternative option to clean the ink cartridges.
- Press the down arrow on the home screen of your HP Printer
- Scroll down to select tools and then press ok.
- Press the down arrow again to select clean print head and then press ok.
- The HP Printer cleans the print head and then prints a print head test page.
- For best print quality, align the ink cartridges.
- On the printer control panel of your HP Printer, press the Down Arrow to select Align Printer, and then press OK. The HP printer prints a test page.
- Service your HP printer.
Our HP Technical Support Team is available to answer all your printer setup & installation related queries. Call Us on our Toll-Free number 1-844-968-2988.