HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Scanning Issue when the HP Printer loses its connection or if it goes offline, the printer cannot scan. This document is for troubleshooting scanning issues on HP printers set up on a wireless network.
- Restart the computer, router and your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Check the status of the wireless connection
- Evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page to identify the wireless network problems.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Scanning Issue – Print a Wireless Network Test Results page
You can print the test page from the Wireless, Network Settings or Setup menu.
Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model, and then search for the Print a self-test page document.
Evaluate the Wireless Network Test Results page and check for any problems.
Reconnect the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer to your wireless network.Print a new Wireless Test Results page to make sure the network is functioning properly. On the Wireless Network Test Results page, locate the Diagnostic Results section.
Print a network configuration page to minimize wireless channel interference
- Locate the wireless channel network, see if the Number of 802.11 networks discovered list on the last page.
- If your current network is not on a channel, you can skip to the next step.
- Type the IP address of your router in your browser.
- Change your network channel to one not being used by others, and then save your changes. For instance, if Channel 1 is used for several other networks, including your main Wi-Fi network, you can change your Wi-Fi network channel to 6 or 11.
- If the wireless connection drops again, continue to the next step.
If your current network is on a channel used by several other networks, then continue troubleshooting.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Scanning Issue – Change the wireless network name
Changing your wireless network name might resolve your scanning issue. Multiple routers with the same network name (SSID) might cause the HP printer to connect to the wrong wireless network or drop the wireless connection.
- Turn off or deactivate additional routers
- Move the router and your HP printer closer together.
- Evaluate the printer IP address with the help of the network configuration page you have printed earlier.
- Update the HP printer firmware.
- Assign a manual IP address to your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer
- Service the HP printer