HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Support
- Driver Download and Manual Download
- How to Install a Printer
- Air Print
- Cloud Print
- Wireless Setup
- Toner Cartridge
- Default IP Address
- Factory reset
- Paper Jam and Paper Tray
- Does not print
Generally, drivers play a major role in performing basic tasks of your printer. After downloading the driver, you can access the complete functionality of your Laserjet Pro 203dw printer. Make sure that you keep the drivers updated. Download the compatible driver for your printer from our website. Tap the pop-up menu to download it. Note that the driver format for Windows and Mac PC differ where .exe is the driver file format for your Windows system. Whereas, .dmg is the driver file format for your Mac PC.
You can use the automatic install printer method to set up your new HP Laserjet Pro 203dw printer. Though this method works most of the time, sometimes you may have to use the manual install method to get the printer up and running. Simply click on the pop-up menu to download the printer manual. Once the manual is downloaded, refer it for any basic set up instructions to any troubleshooting steps. This may let you know if you are able to manage it easily. If you are unable to, you can reach us on the Toll-free number.
How to Install a Printer
Are you trying to get your new HP Laserjet Pro m203dw printer up and running? Note that the printer may not work until you install the included drivers and software. To install your HP printer you need not do much more than connecting the printer to your PC, then switching on the printer and then letting your system automatically install the printer for you. Here are the basic steps to set up your printer on Windows or Mac PC.
- As the contents may vary by country/region, you need to check the back of the box and then take out the printer.
- Remove all the unwanted plastic wrap from different locations of the printer. You can also reuse the packing materials.
- Discard the sticker from the control panel and then plug in one end of the printer to the power cord and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button and then you can choose the desired language on the printer’s control panel.
- Now, select the desired country/region, then click Yes to confirm the choice and then tap Setup.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from its package and then discard the wrap from it.
- Now, carefully insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right.
- Carefully shut the cartridge lid, then insert paper and then align the cartridges. You can follow the on-screen prompts to connect the printer.
- Now, place the PC and printer closer for better connectivity. Remove any obstructions between them.
- Your Windows PC will be able to automatically setup and install the printer, making it ready to use.
- Tap Start, then select Windows logo and then click Settings in the lower-left side of the Start window.
- Generally, the printer settings for your Windows PC may be available on the control panel.
- Now, tap Devices, then click Printers & scanners and then select Add a printer or scanner option.
- Enter the printer model, then click Add device and if you are unable to find the printer model, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Customize the printer settings and then you can insert the CD that came with the printer to download the software.
- For any information or support, you can reach our technicians on the Toll-free number.
- Generally, the contents may vary by country/region. You can look at the back of the box for a list of items and then take out the printer.
- Remove all the packing materials from different locations of the printer and reuse the packing materials, if necessary.
- Discard the sticker from the control panel and connect one end of the printer to the power cord and the other end to an electrical socket.
- Press the Power button and then select the desired language on the control panel.
- Now, select the desired country/region, then tap Yes to confirm the choice and then click the Setup option.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from its package and then remove the packing materials from it.
- Carefully place the black cartridge on the right slot and the tri-color cartridge on the left.
- Shut the cartridge lid, then insert paper and then align the cartridges. Now, follow the on-screen prompts to connect the printer.
- Remove any obstructions or objects between the printer and PC to provide better connectivity.
- Plug in the printer to a power outlet and then make sure that the computer is on.
- For your Mac PC, choose Preferences from the Apple menu, then tap Print & Fax and then choose the Printing tab.
- Find the printer list and if you do not find the printer listed, go to our website to download drivers.
- Now, install the driver software, then click Default Browser and then select the printer model from the list that appears.
- Type the IP address of the printer in the Address bar and then you need to press the Add button to add your printer.
- For any clarifications or support, you can reach us on the Toll-free number. We are here to resolve your printer woes in a jiffy.
It is mandatory that before you begin to print, check if the iOS device and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Now, you need to open the app that you want to print from. In order to find the print option, tap the app’s share icon. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Now, tap Select Printer and then choose an AirPrint-enabled printer. You can select the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print. Now, select the Print option in the upper-right corner. Double-click the Home button and tap Print Center to view a print job. Double-click the Home button, then tap Print Center and then select Cancel Printing to cancel a print job.
To print from HP ePrint you require an active Internet connection. You can simply email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer. Make sure that the printer meets the ePrint setup requirements. Now, turn on Web Services from the control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS). Now, obtain the printer’s email address. You need to type the printer’s email address in the To: field and for additional recipients, type the email address in the Cc: field. Now, type a subject in the subject line. Note that the total size of the email must be 10 MB or less, including attachments.
You can connect your HP printer to Google Cloud Print to print over Wi-Fi from your PC or to share your printer with others. All you need is a printer that connects to Wi-Fi and a PC with the Chrome browser installed. You need to switch on your printer to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. You can refer the prompts in the printer manual. Now, turn on your PC. Plug in your PC to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer. Check if your printer is cloud-ready and then connect your printer to Google Cloud Print.
When compared to the wired network, the wireless network offers many advantages. Therefore many people prefer this network over the wired network. The wireless network also offers increased productivity and good collaboration. You need to note that there is more beyond the printer’s basic setup.
Most Laser printers are equipped with a toner cartridge. Make sure that you buy a quality toner ink before refilling the toner cartridge. Also, ensure that you collect a star-cut screwdriver, soft cloth, a newspaper sheet or any waste-sheet, any sharp edged driver and a quality toner ink bottle.
Default IP Address
Go through the steps below to configure the printer network settings.To view or change IP configuration settings, you can use the HP Embedded Web Server.
- Open the HP Embedded Web Server and for 2-line control panels, press the OK button on the control panel.
- Now, open the Network Setup menu and then tap Show IP Address to display the IP address or hostname.
- For touchscreen control panels, tap the Connection Information button, then tap the Network Connected button or the Network Wi-Fi ON button.
- This may display the IP address or hostname. Now, open a Web browser and in the address line, type the IP address or hostname exactly.
- Select the Enter key on the computer keyboard. You may notice that the EWS opens.
- Now, click the Networking tab to obtain network information. You can change the settings as needed.
- To rename the printer on a network so that it is uniquely identified, you can use the HP Embedded Web Server.
- Refer the preceding steps to open the HP Embedded Web Server. Now, open the System tab.
- Note that the default printer name is in the Device Status field on the Device Information page. If necessary, change this name. Now, tap the Apply button.
- To manually set an IPv4 address, subnet mask, and default gateway, use the control-panel menus.
- For 2-line control panels, press the OK button on the control panel. Now, open the Network Setup, TCP/IP configuration and Manual menus.
- To enter the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway, use the arrow keys and the OK button.
- For touchscreen control panels, from the Home screen on the printer’s control panel, tap the Setup button.
- Make sure that you open the Network Setup, TCP/IP configuration and the Manual menus.
- To enter the IP address, you can use the keypad on the touchscreen and then tap the OK button. Now, select the Yes button to confirm the choice.
- To enter the subnet mask, you can use the keypad on the touchscreen and then select the OK button.
- Now, choose the Yes option to confirm the choice.
- To enter the default gateway, use the keypad on the touchscreen and then click the OK button. You can now click the Yes button to confirm the choice.
You can restore the factory-set that returns the printer and network settings to the factory defaults. This may not reset the page count, tray size, or language. To restore the printer to the factory-default settings, you can follow the steps below.
- To reset the factory settings from the control panel, press the home button and then open Administration, General Settings and Restore Factory Settings.
- Note that a verification message indicates that completing the reset function might result in loss of data.
- Note that your HP printer restarts automatically after the reset operation completes.
- To rest the factory settings from the HP EWS (network connected printers only), follow the prompts below.
- The steps differ based on the type of control panel. For 2-line control panels, you need to press the OK button on the printer’s control panel.
- For touchscreen control panels, make sure that you tap the Setup button from the Home screen on the printer’s control panel.
- Now, open the Service menu, then select the Restore Defaults option and then tap the OK button. You will notice that the printer automatically restarts.
- Sometimes the printer may face an ink cartridge issue. You can initially check the estimated ink levels.
- Checking the ink levels of the cartridge may let you know if it is empty or low on ink.
- If the cartridges are empty you can replace it with a new one and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the ink cartridge issue persists, it is advisable to factory reset your printer so that you can continue printing.
- The printer may also face paper jam issues. You need to check if there are any paper jams inside the printer.
- Use a flashlight to check for torn pieces or papers in the printer and carefully pull out if you find any.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the paper jam and if the issue still persists, you can factory reset the printer.
- Make sure that the network cable is disconnected so that it does not print any print jobs that are in the queue.
- Ensure that you check if the power cable is connected during the factory reset of your printer.
- Note that the factory reset does not affect your access to the ePrint app. You can access with the same old email id.
Does your HP Laserjet Pro 203dw printer face any issue? Do not worry as it is easy to fix these printer problems with us. We have provided below few common printer issues and their troubleshooting steps that may guide you to fix it instantly and continue printing.
- As there may be paper jams in different locations of the printer, ensure that you carefully remove it.
- Open the print cartridge door and remove the print cartridge if you are unable to see the jammed sheet in tray 1.
- Ensure that you reinstall the ink cartridge and then close the print cartridge door.
- You need to check if the condition of the paper is good and within the specifications and then reload it.
- Clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped) to prevent paper feed issues.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer and then to gain access to the pick rollers, raise the access door.