Does your HP Laserjet Pro 203dw printer face any issue? Do not worry as it is easy to fix these printer problems with us. We have provided below few common printer issues and their HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Troubleshooting steps that may guide you to fix it instantly and continue printing.
HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Paper Jam
- As there may be paper jams in different locations of the HP Laserjet Pro M203dw printer, ensure that you carefully remove it.
- Open the print cartridge door and remove the print cartridge if you are unable to see the jammed sheet in tray 1.
- Ensure that you reinstall the ink cartridge and then close the print cartridge door.
- In order to Clear a jam in Tray 2, remove the tray from the printer and take out the jammed sheet by pulling it straight out.
- To continue printing, you need to reinstall the tray and then press the OK button.
- In order to clear a jam in the optional Tray 3, you need to remove the tray from the printer and then remove the jammed sheet by pulling it straight out.
- Once you reinstall the tray, ensure that you press the OK button to continue printing.
- In order to clear jams from the output bin, you need to hold the paper and then carefully pull it out from the printer.
- Open the rear door to clear a jam in the duplexer area, then remove any jammed sheets and then close the rear door.
- To clear a jam in the fuser area, raise the rear door, then remove any jammed sheets and then close the rear door.
Does not print
- The primary step is to ascertain that the printer is on and that the control panel indicates it is ready.
- Ascertain that the cables are properly connected. Check the light next to the network connection on the printer if the printer is connected to a network
- If the light is green then it indicates that the network is active. Ensure that you use a network cable and not a phone cord to connect to the network.
- Ensure that the network router, hub, or switch is turned on and that it is working correctly.
- Now, install the HP software from the CD that had been shipped with the printer.
- You need to right-click the name of your printer from the list of printers on your PC, then select Properties and then open the Ports tab.
- Ensure that the printer name on the Ports tab and the configuration page are similar if you are using a network cable to connect to the network.
- Ascertain that the box is checked next to Virtual printer port for USB if you are using a USB cable and are connecting to a wireless network.
- To check if the firewall is the source of the problem, you can try to temporarily disable it.
- The low signal quality or interference may delay print jobs if your PC or the printer is connected to a wireless network. Thus, reduce the interference.
HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Printer Offline
- Perform a power reset and then make sure that you check if the connections are proper.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi on the laptop/tablet is turned on and also that you are connected to the correct wireless network (SSID).
- Once you print a configuration page or network summary, ensure that the printer has a valid IP address.
- If you find that an IP address is not assigned or if it is 156.254.xxx.xxx or 169.xxx.xxx and indicates auto-IP, then the network is not configured properly.
- Check the Use printer offline setting, then select Devices and Printers and then right-click the printer option. Now, tap See what’s printing.
- Ascertain that you do not modify the Wi-Fi settings recently. You can use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows.
- To continue printing, change the default print driver to the originally installed driver.
- Now, ascertain that the selected Port(s) and Description match the connection type used with the printer.
- Reset the driver configuration in Windows and ascertain that the IP address matches the 123.hp.com/ljprom203dw printer IP address.
- Now, delete and reinstall the driver/software. If the issue persists, you can try connecting the printer to another PC.
- You need to check if the condition of the paper is good and within the specifications and then reload it.
- Clean the rollers inside the printer and in the duplexer (if equipped) to prevent paper feed HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Troubleshooting and issues.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer and then to gain access to the pick rollers, raise the access door.
- Note that depending on your printer model, it may either be the rear access door or duplexer.
- Access the pick rollers from the front by removing the main paper tray if the printer does not have a rear access door or duplexer.
- Now, search for the large rubber pick rollers, then moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water and then press it against the rollers.
- To remove dust or dirt buildup, apply a moderate amount of pressure on it. Clean the rollers on the duplexer as well if your HP printer has a duplexer.
- Now, close the access door, then replace the paper tray and then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Try to print. If you find that the HP Laserjet Pro M203dw Troubleshooting and issue still persists, you can try resetting your printer.
- It is advisable to service the printer if resetting the printer does not resolve the issue.