A common method to connect your printer to your network is the HP Envy 5530 Wifi Protected Setup or the WPS mode. Out of the two methods offered, the first requires you to start WPS on your printer and then click on the WPS button on your router. The second method is the PIN method wherein the printer gives you a PIN code which can be updated in your router.
The instructions given below are applicable to connect via the pushbutton method.
- Ensure that your wireless and your 123.hp.com/envy 5530 printer support the WPS mode.
- Ensure that your router has a physical WPS button available.
- Please note that your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. If security is not enabled or you use the default network provided by your manufacturer, the router will not connect.
- Click on View Network Connections in Windows.
- Locate your network name and right click on it to open the status bar.
- Click on Wireless Properties, open the Security tab and select Show Characters to see the password of your wireless network.
- Use the Internet Service Paperwork to check for the username and password.
Resetting your network password
If you cannot access your network username and password refer the printer’s instruction manual on how to reset your 123.hp.com/envy5530 printer. The router configuration page can also be used to change the username and password.
Check if your router has a reset button, some manufacturers provide the option of reset with the router. This will restore all settings on your router back to the default state. The username and password will also be reset to access the router’s configuration page.
Feel free to contact our HP Technical support Team Call Us Toll-Free number 1-844-968-2988, if the issue persists still or refer our website for step by step manual.