Requirements for AirPrint
- An Apple device with v4.2 or other further versions.
- A wireless HP printer that supports AirPrint.
- A secured Wireless network and applications that enable AirPrint.
How to print using AirPrint
- Open the application containing the document to be printed.
- Click on the Action tab to open the Action menu.
- Click on Print and in the Printer Options menu displayed select HP Envy 5660.
- If modifications are required on your print, change accordingly on the options displayed.
- After all the required changes have been made, proceed to Print.
Troubleshoot for AirPrint
- Bring the router close to the printer and ensure that the printer gets continuous signal.
- Restart the printer and the router after making sure that both your devices are connected to the same Wireless Network.
- Print the Network Configuration page and check if the connection type in the report says Wireless.
- Check if Wi-Fi is turned on in your Apple device.
- Ensure that the firmware of your printer is updated to the latest version. If not log in to our customer support webpage and download the update.
- Confirm that AirPrint is enabled on your printer. If not obtained, obtain the IP address of the printer and open your browser.
- After copying the IP address on the tool bar, navigate to Network Settings, enable AirPrint and select Apply.
- Try printing from another device or computer.
- Reset the printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer when the printer is turned on and then plug it back into power after a few seconds.
If the print job fails, try the following pointers to resolve the issue.
Our HP Technical Support Team is available to answer all your printer setup & installation related queries. Call Us on our toll-free number 1-844-968-2988.